Thursday, July 12, 2012

As an American, I never have had an issue finding somewhere to go to the bathroom.  We have them everywhere we go.  I think the biggest difference between the US and France (besides the language) is the lack of public restrooms. Les toilettes ici ne sont pas gratuites!  You have to pay to use them....what a crazy concept for me to understand.  The plus side?  It cleans itself after every use!  Downside?  There goes another .60centimes...
Weird Toilet
Another observation:  there is no free wifi anywhere!  Even in hotels (we had this problem in London and Venice, too), there is no free wifi.  Europe est trop cher!  The only free wifi is in McDonalds, and even then, you have to receive a text message with an ID and username.  Ridiculous.

Yet another observation:  restaurants do not have "take-home" boxes.  You finish everything on your plate.  Americans might think this is glutenous...but considering the French do not snack and eat only three times a day, it makes sense.  And it gives me an excuse to finish my plate and not feel sick about the amount I consume!


Tours is currently having a free art festival, called Rayons Frais.  Before dinner, I went with Hugette and Johanna (my new roommate) and saw a show.  It was one of the coolest things I have seen here so far!  There was a brass band who moved through the audience while they played.  They had dancers accompany them and it was very theatrical.  So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment