Friday, June 22, 2012

Where to begin!  These past few days have been great.  Today was our last day of first session class.  Three weeks gone already!  Time is flying by.

Wednesday night was l'Institute de Touraine talent show...we sang the MSU fight song and alma mater!  Of course, no one understood anything and we sounded terrible, but it was fun to share our traditions with La Guingette.

Yesterday was La Fête de la Musique!  It is a nation-wide holiday of-sorts where live music is played all day and well into the night.  And it's free!  The perfect day for a poor American college student trying desperately to stay on budget.  There were all kinds of music--rock, rap, classical, punk, ethnic, etc.  We saw a steel drum band at La Guingette that was really awesome!  And at Place Plumereau, we saw a rock band....and I participated in the mosh!  It was an interesting experience (one that I can say with 99% certainty that I will never do again), but it was fun and I'm glad I was peer-pressured into it.  At least I burned off some of the excessive calories for the day!

La Fête de la Musique
Like I said before, today was our last day of first session.  I will be sad to see my days of no work be left behind.  But I suppose it is time to actually start working!  This afternoon, we took an oral placement test, and when we return from our week-off, we learn our class schedule for July.  After the placement test, I got ice cream--Kinder Bueno Bar flavored!  If you haven't had a Bueno Bar before...you have not lived.  And they are sold in the states, so buy one ASAP!  They are heaven in a candy bar.

For dinner tonight we had sardines!  I was extremely nervous that I would hate it.  In the states, sardines are known to be disgusting, fishy crap not worthy of eating.  But they were delicious!  Not bad at all.  I don't know if it was the way Hugette cooked them, but I would eat them again.  There was also pâté de lapin...also amazing!  She also made us homemade tiramisu--words cannot describe how amazing it was!  And Wednesday night she gave us millefeuille, a famous french dessert (Images of Millefeuille).  Today I treated myself to a mini chocolate pastry that was to die for.  I also tried un macaron nutella yesterday for about 1euro.  I could eat French desserts (really all French food) all day, every day.

Le 3 Chocolat
Sunday I leave for London!  And then on to Venice on Wednesday night.  I am so excited for my week-off.  It will be the best experience of my life.  Hopefully I don't get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment