Friday, June 8, 2012

The past two days have been really great.  I have eaten well (see lower photo) and have gotten to know my MSU group much better.  Tomorrow, I visit the town of Amboise, to see their famous château.  We bought train tickets this afternoon, so hopefully that goes well!...
My French is still very rough, but everyday I remember/learn something!  Next Saturday (the 16th), our group is going to Paris to visit the Musée d'Orsay and Notre Dame.  This afternoon, some of us booked hotel rooms to spend the night!  Should be a great experience and I am really looking forward to it.
Last night, I went with some MSU students to La Guinguette, a bar on the Loire River and had a great time!  It was salsa night, and the French love their dancing!  Unfortunately, I do not have the courage to dance in public, so I watched....maybe next time!
Wednesday night, I went out with my roommates, Keila and Gabriella, to La Place Plumereau (https://www.google.com/search).  It's very famous for its old buildings and restaurants/bars.  They are really nice girls and we had a fabulous time.  It was fun to have a girls night out.
Tonight I am having a much needed night in.  I'm ready to catch up on some sleep!!

Un croque monsieur (ham and cheese sandwich with cheese on top)

La Guinguette
La Gagnette

city street

La Place Plumereau

having un chocolat!! (hot chocolate)




1 comment:

  1. Kelsey!!! Alison shared your blog with Bill and me. I am so jealous!!! But it looks like you're having a GREAT time. I am excited to read more about your trip and experience! I hope you continue to bon voyage (sorry, but I think my french is even rougher than yours!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete